Shop Local in Saltaire
A World Heritage Site with the imposing Salts Mill and beautiful views across the Shipley Glen, Saltaire is a village with a gorgeous array of independent shops, cafes, bars and restaurants. The independent shops range from beautiful interior design shops to a greengrocer and fishmonger, from boutique gift shops to florists and clothing stores.
Saltaire is a great spot for visitors with the David Hockney gallery at Salts Mill, the splendour of Victoria Hall and the numerous events that happen throughout the year such as the Saltaire Festival, The Saltaire Arts Trail and the Living Advent at Christmas which was featured on BBC Radio 2. The village also hosts live music with Live Rooms Saltaire and Cabaret Saltaire which offers a wonderful evening out. When you are finished browsing the local shops you can take a rest in one of the independent cafes or even nip for a quick drink in one of the local pubs, wine or cocktail bars. Click here to find out more about the local spots in Saltaire.
Independent shops and cafes in Saltaire
ShopAppy is passionate about supporting local businesses in Saltaire and helping to keep the heart of Saltaire vibrant with small independent businesses and shops. There are a large number of independent shops for you to visit in Saltaire. Use the links below to take a look at some of the specialist local businesses and meet the people who run them.
• The Orange Grove – A wonderful spot from fruits, vegetables and fresh fish and seafood. Alongside the impressive collection of foods, there are dairy and snack items, herbs and spices too. Find out more about this independent greengrocers in Saltaire
• The Butterfly Rooms – This independent shop serves up an eclectic mix of toys, clothing, toiletries, stationery and homeware which are guaranteed to make you stand out, thoughtfully curated the shop is also home to local artists and you can visit their work rooms upstairs too. Take a closer look at Saltaire's local gift and arts shop
• Tambourine Coffee is a hub of community loveliness. As well as trying their delicious coffees, snacks, brunches and lunches, you can buy items too like coffee, brownies and art – an ideal way to relax and get inspired all at the same time. See more on this independent coffee shop in Saltaire
• Highly recommended is XS Hair and Beauty. The owner Michael is a real character and is known to spin some vinyl for you as you enjoy a trim, restyle or colour. Committed to ethical and environmentally-friendly products, you can leave a happy planet and be happy with your hair do! Visit this independent and environmentally-friendly hairdressers and have a browse as you can buy their products too for easy click and collect
Shop local in Saltaire
Shopping local in Saltaire is easy with ShopAppy:
1. Browse the site to take a look at the fantastic range of independent shops and businesses in Saltaire
2. Choose the products you want and add them to your bag
3. Checkout and collect your shopping after 5.30pm from Saltaire Wines (and maybe even grab a bottle of wine or one of the amazing beers from Saltaire Brewery while you're there)
Alternatively, use ShopAppy to plan your day out in Saltaire and decide which shops you're going to visit. When you pop into the shops or restaurants, mention ShopAppy and chat to the business owners to see if they have any special offers available. Shop local in Saltaire - for even easier navigation, you can download the app on IOS or Android